Norfloxacin + Tinidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Norfloxacin and Tinidazole. Norfloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Tinidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Norfloxacin + Tinidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Norfloxacin + Tinidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Mgee Healthcare’s sole intention is to ensure that its consumers get expert-reviewed, accurate, and trustworthy information. However, the information contained herein should NOT be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This may not cover all possible side effects, drug interactions, warnings, or alerts. Please consult your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. We intend to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship. The Database is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and a judgment of your physician, a pharmacist, or the other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.